Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 26 - PA, MD, and VA - Home Sweet Home


A long and gnawing drive awaited me, much of it without crucial rest stops. I powered through the rest of Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Maryland before finally making it home. I encountered more mountains and rain which at this point were traumatizing.

When I was closing in on home and became most eager, of course I ran into the metro DC traffic I have grown to despise so much. I endured an extra hour of driving before I got home. Honestly, it was pretty miserable, but I finally arrived home to my family and my dog, with all my souvenirs intact, and my mother's requested cacti alive and well.

Looking back, the trip was without hesitation the best experience of my life. Doing something of this epic magnitude and taking the leaps beforehand to make it happen became the ultimate empowerment. This trip truly showed me that life is nothing but a product of the choices we make, and that our choices define how we live, in spite of the circumstances that we endure. I now really feel like I'm in control of my own life, and my choices and decisions really do fuel the outcomes and determine my happiness.

Before I left, the trip seemed overwhelming, but now, it seems like just a matter of hopping in the car and going for a drive. To live my life a little bit. I feel like I can accomplish anything I want. I feel like even if I have a bad time somewhere, or even a bad (entire) day, it is only temporary, and soon I will be back in my enlightened little life of liberation. Any anxiety or depression or feelings of being overwhelmed will pretty much melt away.

I learned what it meant to be truly alive, and more importantly, I took away that our happiness and freedom are literally within our reach, and all we have to do is take a deep breath, reach out and grab it, and open our eyes to the reality we desire.

I am alive. I am free. And I am happy. And these truths, much like the memories of my trip, are only one decision away.

Until my next adventure, I wish you all happiness. May you find your freedom and elevate above whatever is holding you down. This life was meant for us to experience absolutely, and I hope you all choose to take it up on its offer.

"And this is only a little of what I've been given,
Still can't believe that it's only the beginning."
- Black Milk

"My destiny found me, it was clear why the struggle was so painful,
Metamorphosis, this is what I changed to,
God, Im so thankful."
- Nas

"Today is different...I must be happy today,
I must have chased the dark clouds away."
-Evidence

"Until they kill me,
I'll be living this life, I know you feel me."
- Tupac Shakur

No comments:

Post a Comment